The Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster has updated the House of Commons on the agenda for the second meeting of the Withdrawal Agreement Joint Committee on 12 June 2020 by video conference.
The second meeting of the Withdrawal Agreement Joint Committee will take place on 12 June 2020 by video conference.
The meeting will be co-chaired by the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, Rt Hon Michael Gove MP and Vice President of the European Commission, Mr Maroš Šefčovič.
The agenda will include four items:
1) Introduction and opening remarks from co-chairs
1.1) Welcome and opening remarks
1.2) Stocktake of Specialised Committee meetings
2) Implementation of the Withdrawal Agreement
2.1) Citizens’ rights
2.2) Protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland
2.3) Protocol on Sovereign Base Areas in Cyprus
2.4) Protocol on Gibraltar
2.5) Financial provisions
3) Decision on amendments to the Withdrawal Agreement
The UK delegation will include:
- Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster, Rt Hon. Michael Gove MP
- The Paymaster General, Rt Hon. Penny Mordaunt MP
Representatives from the Northern Ireland Executive have also been invited to form part of the UK delegation.